Sunday, June 22, 2014

newbie

Here is my first post. After I had set up my account my 5 year old computer crashed and burned. So now with a brand new computer I'm ready to tell the tales of life in El Casco.

Three years ago I moved into a 1956 era hunting and fishing cabin in an area called El Casco in historic SanTtimotao Canyon in Southern California. It has been quite an adventure. As I blog along here I will talk of my adventures past and present.

I live a very simple country life. Raising my own vegetables and eggs from my eclectic flock of chickens.My cabin is of mid-century type architecture of only 800 square feet.  A very comfortable 800 sq ft.

I have no television just a player to watch movies. I read a lot and dabble in painting and sculpture. My real passion is gardening and I will post photos of the garden in due time.

So this is my start. I will try not to be too wordy or boring and hope to meet friends along the way.

Your humble gardener,Terry
.

13 comments:

  1. Yay Terri! So glad you are blogging. Sorry to hear about your computer though.
    Look forward to hearing your stories.

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, amending my comment:
    i'm here BECAUSE OF janet!
    so, of COURSE you are pals ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life sounds idyllic. I'm looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idyllic...hmm It's a wonderful goal we'll see how attainable it is.

      thanks

      Delete
  5. Happy to find another garden blog, thanks Janet! I'm interested in country living, chickens and gardening and your off-grid stories...do tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks..stay tuned as they used say. I'll do my best to entertain and maybe inform.

      Delete
  6. I hope to see photos of your cabin (inside and out), your sculpture & painting alongside your beautiful garden! I agree with Jennifer above--"You life sounds idllic"! Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Terry! Janet sent me...well, indirectly by way of her blog, since she doesn't actually know me. My sister and her husband live in Acton, CA (I recently spent a couple of years there myself) and they have grandkids who live in Redlands. I'm a native Californian myself, now living in Maine, with no garden of my own. I'm looking forward to visiting yours here on your new blog. I hear you have cute chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi thanks so much, I just heard a story on the radio about Acton, CA. Something about the so-called bullet train coming right through Acton too near Tippi Hedrens (sp) wild cat refuge. She is fit to be tied!

      Maine is beautiful but after living most of my life with snowy winters Southern California suits me well!

      Delete
  8. Hi Terry, really looking forward to reading your posts. Read about your new blog over at Janet's blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete