Friday, August 15, 2014

Garden Tip

Most of us who garden, have a garden in the front, one off the side and something out back etc. I don't always carry tools with me especially if I'm out just observing. A tip I learned years ago and have always utilised  is the discarded mailbox.

I keep my hand clippers(or secateurs, as the British call them), scissors, string or whatever you use most often, in the mailbox. They are weather proof, critter proof and placed in each garden, are very handy. I find them at yard sales, flea markets or from  friends that are ready to discard them when they buy a new one.I have four.




9 comments:

  1. Great idea! I could use these in several spots....gardening gloves, a bottle of water, hand sanitizer and a band aid or two in addition to the items you mentioned and perhaps a whistle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that idea. I always misplace my garden tools around my yard. Now I need to find some old mailboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my old mailbox attached to my raised flowerbed that holds my gloves and tools. It was my husbands idea. The only thing I don't like is black widows like to hang out underneath it. Maybe its too low to the flowerbed? not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Elcasco,
    Nice to meet you by way of The Gardener's Cottage. How clever of you to hide your tools in clever spots. Thanks for sharing.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea! Thank you :) AND they look pretty great in the garden, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea. I came by way of Janet as well. I might have a few of these installed for a very forgetful friend of mine. She is constantly replacing shears after accidentally leaving them to rust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! My husband always leaves his gardening tools behind, so installing something like this will be very helpful! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. best weed eater

    ReplyDelete