Thursday, August 14, 2014

You never know....

Yesterday I was coming home from my weekly get together with members of our local garden club, who I affectionately refer to as 'The Garden Girls" even though three of us are men. I was hungry thought I would swing by a local drive through and get a bite to eat before I headed home. The line was long and like everybody else in the world was checking my phone waiting for the line to move. I placed my order and proceeded to the pay window. The worker was leaning out the window smiling holding a receipt. Odd?
When I got to the window she told me the lady in front of me had paid my bill! I was stunned! It was a ten dollar purchase. I didn't recognize the car and didn't get a clear view of the driver. I waved in a feeble attempt to thank her but she drove off into the traffic.

A random act of kindness! All the shit going on in this world, that lady made me feel special for a while.Thank You. The down side? This ole' curmudgeon now has to 'pay it forward'. I have to look for the opportunity to make someone else smile and feel good. I am now, plotting how this is going to happen!



6 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Terry, I needed to hear that this morning. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, I have come over via Janet's blog and it's very nice to meet you! I look forward to hearing more of your adventurous lifestyle. Simplicity is beautiful to me.
    I live in Iowa and this year I have my first vegetable box garden. The deer seem as interested in it as I am and I have only harvested one zucchini but it was the most perfect and delicious one I ever ate! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! I grew up in Moline Illinois across the river from Davenport. We always had a spectacular and abundant vegetable gardens.

      Delete
  3. Hi Terry,
    I also found you from Janet's blog. I'm a retired master gardener as well. I volunteered for 21 years in Sonoma County. I now live in Paso Robles and am trying to figure out what to grow here, it's quite the challenge. I tend toward natives and habitat plants. Love your movie list, sounds just like mine. I look forward to reading your blog. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Love the Paso Robles area. visited there a couple of times. Have you Heard of Annies Annuals? Her nursery offers many unusual natives and drought tolerant plants.

      Delete
  4. There are some nice people in this world, aren't there?!

    ReplyDelete